We at Cheddi Jagan International Airport, aim to set your mind at ease from the stress of travelling with the efficient check-in, hassle-free immigration clearance and great shopping. To ensure a seamless and smooth departure from CJIA passengers are advised to pay a little more attention to the existing guidelines on baggage.
For instance, when packing liquids, aerosols or gels in hand luggage or if you are carrying over US$20,000 in cash or its equivalent in foreign currency; being well prepared goes a long way to a more pleasant journey, so do check the departure advisories before you depart.
Check-in can be a hassle at the best of times. At CJIA we strive to make your check-in experience as straightforward, efficient and pleasant as possible. Here is the essential information that you will need to check-in.
1. Passengers are advised to check in for their flights early. Most airlines start operating their Check-in counters at least 3 hours before flight departure.
2. Before proceeding to the Check-in counters, have your own valid passport, valid visa (if necessary) and air ticket ready. If you have an e-ticket, bring along a print-out of your e-ticket.
3. All passengers should check that they are issued with the correct boarding passes and that their travel documents are in order before leaving the Check-in counter.
4. Ask for a receipt whenever you are required to pay for services such as overweight or for checking in additional bags.
5. All checked baggage will be screened by airport security. Passengers should not pack any weapons, combustible items, explosive materials, toxic or other dangerous substances into their Check-in baggage. Passengers may be required to have their checked baggage undergo further security screening if deemed necessary.
6. Carry-on bags must be small enough to fit under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Check your airline's rules before you travel, to avoid delays.
7. Before you pack, check with your airline to find out the maximum size, weight, and number of carry-on bags and pieces of checked baggage they allow.
8. Uplift your Immigration form from your travel agent or airline. This would reduce the time taken to fill form at airport.